Natural Wood Shutter Warranty
Effective July 5, 2021, Adorned Openings extends the following product warranty coverages for Natural Wood Shutters as follows:
Defects in Material & Workmanship: Two (2) years from purchase date against defects including cracking, splitting, and signs of rotting under normal weather conditions.
Factory Paint Finish: Two (2) years from purchase date against any signs of peeling or flaking. Adorned Openings will not be held liable for the failure of any paint finish, under any circumstances that were not applied by Adorned Openings.
What is Not Covered Under This Warranty:
- Any post-delivery modifications including, but are not limited to, field trimming or any installation that does not adhere to our specifications.
- Paint fading due to weathering such as fading or reduction in gloss levels are deemed normal and are expected for painted exterior applications.
- Paint or finish defects and/or failures for orders that were PRIMED ONLY since we were not in control of the finishing application process. For best results, all natural wood shutter orders ordered primed must be lightly sanded prior to painting and installation.
- Small hairline surface or edge “checks” are common in exterior products, including raised panels, louvers, etc., are not considered defects in material & workmanship.
- If shutters totaling 60 inches and longer do not have 3 hinges installed per shutter, this will void the warranty. This includes any deflection or distortion of shutters that may accrue over time.
- This warranty is non-transferable and is only valid to the original owner(s) of the structure where the shutters were originally installed.
- Any damages resulting from Acts of God, accidental or intentional acts, installations that do not adhere to Adorned Openings’ specifications, repairs, or modifications by unauthorized personnel will not be covered by this warranty.
In The Event of a Warranty Claim:
- Adorned Openings will either (a) repair or replace the warranted product(s) or (b) refund the original owner(s) a sum equal to the actual price paid upon receipt less shipping, handling charges, and sales tax in the event of a claim during the warranty period.
- If a warranty claim is approved, Adorned Openings will not be held responsible for any labor charges accrued for the removal and reinstallation of said shutters or hardware under any circumstances. This also includes claims for damage to or failure of a warranted product from the purchaser or installer or unreasonable use, including but not limited to, the installation of shutters other than over window openings or the failure to reasonably maintain the integrity of the shutters after installation.
- For all warranty inquiries, Adorned Openings must be allowed a reasonable timeframe and notification to determine and fulfill any obligations under said warranty before the purchaser or others perform any repairs to the shutters.
- Under no circumstances shall Adorned Openings be held financially responsible for Shipping, Handling, and Sales Tax charges.
- Adorned Openings reserves the right to alter, change, or discontinue any of its product designs or colors at any time and without notice and liability. If any products that were originally purchased are no longer available, a suitable substitution in the product will be determined to be of comparable quality and price by us.
OTHER THAN THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES HEREIN, ADORNED OPENINGS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ADORNED OPENINGS MAKES NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND MAKES NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES OF ADORNED OPENINGS UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR UNDER ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY WHICH IS APPLICABLE DESPITE THE PRECEDING DISCLAIMER ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES BASED UPON ANY THEORY OR RECOVERY AT ALL OR IN EQUITY INCLUDING SPECIFICALLY ANY THEORY OR NEGLIGENCE BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY OR STRICT LIABILITY.
Warranty Claim Process:
- Upon discovery of any defect(s), contact Adorned Openings Customer Service immediately by emailing [email protected] or calling 844-613-7558.
- Please provide your full name, address, phone number, proof of purchase as well as a description and clear pictures of said defect(s).
- Upon receipt of the required information, Adorned Openings will begin an investigation of any claim upon verification of the claim. In the event of any repair(s) or replacement(s) are needed, Adorned Openings will make suitable arrangements.