Terms & Conditions
1. Dimensional/Style Accuracy: Adorned Openings will manufacture exterior grade composite wood shutters per the specifications provided by the customer during the checkout process. All width dimensions represent the shutter width – (for example, 1 shutter width @ 20” = 2 single shutters @ 20” each.) Dimensional tolerances are (+/-) 1/8” for length and width, and (+/-) 1/16” for thickness. It is the customer’s responsibility to verify that the information provided is accurate.
2. Custom Products: Due to the custom nature of our products, once a shutter order or custom hardware order has been received, it cannot be canceled for any reason − the customer is responsible for the full cost of the order. Adorned Openings will not accept dimension or style changes to an order after the order has been approved by the customer and submitted. Change orders, if accepted, will be billed accordingly based on the scope of the change and will require pre-approval.
3. Tax, Shipping, and Handling: Orders are accepted with the understanding that such taxes will be added, as required by law.
4. Shipping Date: Ship date calculations are based upon the submission date of a completed order and the production schedule at that time. Adorned Openings shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations hereunder, due to but not limited to, any strikes, lockouts, secondary boycotts, labor organization stoppages and harassments, damages caused by fire, lightning, earthquake, other natural disasters, or other casualties, and any other conditions beyond the control of Adorned Openings. On rare occasions, there may be delays caused by out-of-stock materials or temporary factory overload. Adorned Openings will not be held responsible for any consequential charges incurred in the event of a late shipment and strongly recommends that you (the customer) do not schedule any installation services until you have received notification that your order has shipped.
5. Delivery: Orders are shipped via FedEx Freight or common carrier (a trucking company). Please verify that the shipping address provided is correct. Changes to the “ship to” address after the order has left our facility will result in a reconsignment charge that you (the customer) will be required to pay prior to receiving the shipment. For standard delivery, your order will be delivered “curbside”. If additional delivery assistance is needed, please contact Adorned Openings immediately as additional fees will apply.
6. Inspecting Your Delivery: It is the customer’s responsibility to open and inspect the entire shipment immediately upon delivery, regardless of when the product is to be installed. Upon delivery, the customer must inspect the order to determine if there is any damage. If damage is found immediately during the unloading, customer should mark the damages on the ’delivery receipt’ supplied by the freight company. If due to the size of the order, the customer is not able to inspect all of the goods received, or the truck is unable to wait for the inspection, the customer must indicate on the driver’s ‘delivery receipt’, that there is possible damage to shutters. Adorned Openings will not be responsible for any concealed damage that is discovered beyond three (3) days from the original ‘delivery receipt’ under any circumstances. Customer shall retain all original packaging including wood skid until the customer has accepted the inspected order without any defects. Should the shutters need to be returned to Adorned Openings and the customer no longer has the packaging or the wood skid, the customer will be charged for the replacement of these items.
7. Unpackaging Your Shutters: Shutters that have a factory finish applied must be unboxed and removed from the protective plastic wrapping within three (3) days of receipt of your order, regardless of when the shutters are to be installed. Failure to do so could result in damage to the factory finish. Finish damage to shutters that were not removed from their packaging within the 3-day time limit is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
A. Hardware: All hardware returns must be pre-approved and have a Return Authorization Number (RA#) issued by Adorned Openings’ Customer Service Department. To arrange for a hardware return approval and an RA#, please call us at (844) 613-7558. Unsealed hardware packages received for return will be subject to a 10% repackaging fee. Additionally, hardware returns that are received after thirty (30) days from the original purchase date will be subject to a 10% restocking fee. All fees associated with a hardware return are independent of each other. Hardware returns will not be accepted after ninety (90) days from the original purchase date.
B. Shutters: Shutters are not returnable for any reason due to their custom nature.
9. Arbitration: In order to ensure the equitable, efficient, and cost-effective resolution of any disputes, claims, or controversies that may arise or stem from this purchase transaction, the parties to this transaction, hereby agree that, at the sole election of Adorned Openings, any and all such disputes, claims or controversies shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration under the following rules: a. Each party shall select an individual to represent their respective interests in the selection of a sole, neutral arbitrator. Those two representatives shall, within twenty (20) days after their appointment, agree on a third person who will be the sole, neutral arbitrator. b. Arbitration must commence within sixty (60) days after the selection of the arbitrator and a decision rendered within five (5) days after the hearing. c. The Arbitration shall take place in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and any questions regarding discovery or the admissibility of evidence at the arbitration shall be resolved by the arbitrator. d. The costs and expenses associated with the arbitration, including fees of the arbitrator, shall be shared equally between the parties. e. The award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and judgment may be entered upon it in accordance with applicable law in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
10. Controlling Provisions: These terms and conditions shall supersede any provisions, terms, and conditions contained on any confirmation order or other writing the parties may give or receive, and the rights of the parties shall be governed exclusively by the provisions, terms, and conditions hereof. Adorned Openings makes no representations or warranties concerning this order except such as are expressly contained herein, and this order may not be changed or modified orally.
11. Capping Your Investment: Shutters (with the exception of radius top shutters) must have either aluminum or copper capping properly installed on the top of each shutter at the initial installation of the shutters and capping must remain in place for the entire warranty period in order for shutters to be covered under the product warranty. Capping is included with your order. Shutters installed without capping will not be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
12. Warranty: By signing this document you agree to accept the conditions of the product warranty.
13. Online Store Terms: By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
14. General Condition: We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
We do not store any credit card information on our website database.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
15: Accuracy, Completeness & Timeliness Of Information: We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
16: Modification To Services & Prices: Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
17: Products Or Services: We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
18. Custom Color Process: Orders which include Custom Color Matching will add an additional 10-15 business days to the anticipated shipping time if a sample is approved the first try. Customers must provide a valid paint brand, name, and color code upon order placement. The color match sample will be shipped to the customer who has 10 days to reject the color match otherwise the shutters will proceed through the painting process and be painted to match the shipped sample. If a sample is rejected, Adorned Openings will attempt one more match at no additional cost. Additional matches will result in a $100 fee per try.